1. In my opinion, you can widen the _____ of these improvements through your active participation.
A. dimension B. volume C. magnitude D. scope
[正文]scope(=the area within the limits of a questions, subject ect. ; range)(流动)范畴，机会，余地：
The politics of a country would be outside the scope of a book for tourists.(一个国度的政治不属于游览手册的内容范畴之内。)
2. The noise was so _____ that only those with excellent hearing were aware of it.
A. dim B. soft C. faint D. gentle
[正文]faint(=weak, indistinct; not clear)“强劲的，模糊的，不分明的”。
Dim(=not bright, not clearly to be seen)不亮的，看不清的；
the dim light of a candle(强劲的烛光)。
3. If he refuses to _____ my plan, I can probably find someone more cooperative.
A. put up with B. fall in with
C. do away with D. get along with
[答案]B. fall in with.
[正文]fall in with(=agree to)赞同：
Is it true that you have fallen in with them?(你真的赞同他们的意见吗？)
put up with忍耐。do away with破除；杀死。get along with进行，停顿；相处。
4. Some people either _____ avoid questions of right and wrong or remain neutral about them.
A. violently B. sincerely C. properly D. deliberately
1)好好地，失当地；She never makes any attempt to clean it properly.(她素来也不打算好好地把它擦洁净。)
2)严格地：Properly speaking, a whale is not a fish.(严格地说，鲸鱼不是鱼。)
5. Her skirt had been so _____ in packing that she had to iron it before going out.
A. faded B. torn C. dirty D. crushed
6. His landlady gave him a week"s _____ to leave the flat.
A. threat B. notice C. advice D. caution
[正文]notice事后告诉（尤用雇主、雇员或房东、房客之间）：give one"s employee a month"s notice (告诉雇员一个月后离任)。
7. Even if they are on sale, these refrigerators are equal in price to, if not more expensive than, _____ at the other store.
A. anyone B. the others C. that D. the ones
[答案]D. the ones
8. When I took his temperature, it was two degrees above _____.
A. average B. ordinary C. regular D. normal
9. With the change of the economic foundation the entire immense superstructure is _____ rapidly transformed.
A. anything but B. more or less C. at large D. any more
[答案]B. more or less.
[正文]more or less 或多或少地；anything but基本不；at large大体上；绳之以法；具体地。
10. The author of the report is well _____ with the problems in the hospital because he has been working there for many years.
A. acquainted B. informed C. enlightened D. advised
[正文]be acquainted with相熟，be well informed of(about)对......音讯闭塞。可见，此题中使用acquainted,由于前面地介词是with.